Dahua

Security

US-China Trade War Continues To Polarize the Physical Security Market

December 6th, 2022
Security

Chinese Video Surveillance Giants Report Strong Overseas Sales Growth in H1 2022

September 8th, 2022
Security

Securing the Security of the Global Physical Security Market

“Tensions over alleged human rights violations and the ongoing trade war between China and the US has seen legislative moves, new sanctions, and tit-for-tat trade barriers erected that significantly disrupt the flow of physical security products between the two nations, and the ability of their respective manufacturers to trade in their respective markets,” explains our latest […]

Security

Hikvision Spinning Off Smart Home & Robotics Businesses

Chinese video surveillance Giant Hikvision (Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd.) will spin-off Smart Home business Ezviz (Hangzhou EZVIZ Network Co., Ltd.), details of which were announced in the IPO prospectus they published in December. It states that they aim to raise RMB 3.739 billion (USD 588.3 million) by listing Ezviz on the Science and […]

Security

The Critical Factors That Will Deliver Physical Security Growth to 2025

In this article we discuss the 6 most important factors that will shape the future of the Physical Security industry through the next 5 years, which will require fundamental changes to business strategies. 1. The gap between the major suppliers of Video Surveillance equipment and the many hundreds of smaller suppliers gets wider every year […]

Security

Future Trends in the Global Video Surveillance Market

The world market for Video Surveillance products was $19.1 billion in 2019 and accounted for 56% of the physical security products business. During the last 12 years it has been the largest and fastest growing of the three market sectors. In 2020 we estimate that demand has fallen to $18.1Bn. From 2020 it will grow […]

Smart Buildings

COVID-19 Lockdown Leaves Empty Smart Buildings to Ponder their Failings

Through the latest Internet of Things (IoT) technologies, our smart commercial buildings promise to improve the health, wellbeing, and safety of their occupants like never before. Yet, as Europe goes into lockdown, the majority of the continent’s commercial real-estate sits empty, offering few answers to the novel dangers brought up by the COVID-19 pandemic. While […]

Security

How Long will the Video Surveillance “Great Wall of China” Hold?

Our recently published 11th annual report shows that the world market for Video Surveillance products is split between China having approximately 45%, and the Rest of the World (RoW) sharing 55%. As it currently stands, The Chinese Government restricts foreign investment and business in specific key industries and there are certainly regulations on foreign ownership […]

Subscribe to the Newsletter & get all our Articles & Research Delivered Straight to your Inbox.

    1. Please enter a valid email

    2. Please enter your name

      Please enter company name

    3. By signing up you agree to our privacy policy