Smart Buildings

Recording: The Value of Smartness

Here is the Video Recording from our 6th Free Webinar of the 2022 Smart Buildings Series. Don’t forget you can now Subscribe to ALL our Webinars & Podcasts on YouTube!

Memoori was joined by Sergio Carvalho & Jorge Sousa from Deloitte to discuss how the value of a Building Operating System goes well beyond the reduction of CAPEX and OPEX. And why buildings are rapidly becoming people-centric!

We also discussed how the ‘Urban Space Total Cost of Ownership Rule of Thumb’ explains: “For each €1 Capex, a Smart Building can generate a €200 return when focusing on improving tenants’ experience“.

YouTube video player

3 thoughts on “Recording: The Value of Smartness

    1. Thanks Sebastien. Reply from Deloitte –> “Total return based on the avg % of people cost variation, for a services company throughout 25 years. This is a rule of thumb, based on very high level assumptions: 7% increase costs for LEED Gold certification (source: World Green Building Council), and 5% for additional smart services, total 12% increase “Smart” CAPEX.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most Popular Articles

SPIE
Energy

SPIE Technical Facility Management Business 2024 Examined

This Research Note examines the French public company, SPIE and its focus on building solutions, which is one of four strategic markets that the group addresses in central and northern Europe. This article covers the Group’s fields of expertise, its development since 2013 through platform and bolt-on acquisitions and its expansion in the Netherlands, based […]

Infogrid Acquicore Lawsuit
Smart Buildings

Infogrid Faces Lawsuit over 2022 Acquisition of Aquicore

Established in 2018, UK-based smart building firm Infogrid quickly made a splash in the market, picking up a range of high-value customers including banks, supermarkets, and restaurant chains, as well as the UK’s National Health Service (NHS) during the peak of the global pandemic. The firm has attracted $135.5m in investment (including debt financing) from […]

IWMS Spacewell Nemetshek 2023
Smart Buildings

Spacewell Smart Buildings Business & Financials 2023 Examined

In this Research Note, we examine Spacewell, part of the Manage segment of Nemetschek, which provides software for the management and operations phase in the building lifecycle. This article is based on their 2023 annual results, investor presentations, Annual Report of the parent company, published on 21st March 2024 and the group’s strategy in the […]

Subscribe to the Newsletter & get all our Articles & Research Delivered Straight to your Inbox.

Please enter a valid email

Please enter your name

Please enter company name

By signing up you agree to our privacy policy